Thursday, December 15, 2016

A Cup of Gratitude

I'm drinking in a big cup of Gratitude this morning.  The picture in the background are my favorite people in the world plus our Star Dutch.  He was just a twinkle in his mom's eye when this picture was taken.  My cup is running over this morning with gratitude and thankfulness.  You are probably thinking it's not Thanksgiving are you looking at the wrong month on the calendar.  No, I know what month it is, I just can never say thank you enough for my life, my family, our friends and the journey!

I don't want you to get the wrong idea, life has not been perfect but real happiness doesn't come from having enough money, or the perfect job, or the right mate or anything physical.  It comes from inside.  I was thinking this morning of some of the things we have been through and at the time they seemed so hard but after you've been through the testing or trial, you can look back and feel good that you came through, that you learned some important lessons and that you are a better and stronger person for the experience.  But today I'm glad I'm on the other side of some of the testing and that I can look at them and know that I came through and I feel for other people who are going through their trials and I hope they learn what they need to learn and they come through their testing being a stronger person.  It's hard to have resilience, to not give up and to remember that part of success is failure.  And I love this quote, " you have failed when you stop trying." 

Whatever your issues may be today, I pray for your strength, determination and that you will never, never give up.  I encourage you to take the time to sit and think about all the things you have to be thankful for, it's just wonderful to sit in a quiet room alone.  I also love this quote, in fact, it hangs in our family room, "Let us be silent that we may hear the whisper of God."  Emerson

Always, much love~

No comments:

Post a Comment