Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lemon Jello Salad


This is a recipe from my college roommate. She fixed this for dinner the first time I visited her after I was married. She fixed a fantastic dinner. It was wonderful. We laughed after dinner because I told her I couldn't believe she was such a wonderful cook. None of those qualities were present in our college days.

This is a wonderful jello salad. I usually make it some in the spring. Don't ask me why the spring it would be great anytime of the year. My family is just not big on jello salads or I should say the men in my family are not big on jello salads.

2 small packages of lemon jello
1 large can (15 oz) pineapple tidbits or crushed drained
1 1/2 cups of miniature marshmallows
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons flour
1 small container of Cool Whip
1 cup Cheddar cheese
3 bananas sliced

Dissolve jello in 3 cups hot water. Cool. Add drained pineapple. Reserve liquid. Add l 1/2 cups of marshmallows and 3 bananas sliced. Chill in 9x13 casserole dish until firm. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 beaten egg to pineapple juice and mix well. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened. Cool then fold 1/2 of a small container of cool whip into egg mixture. Spread over gelatin. Then sprinkle at least 1 cup of cheddar cheese over the top. You may need a little more than one cup.

I have a new camera but I need another attachment before I can download my pictures. So hopefully, I will get it soon and have a picture for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment